Former Barcelona and Chelsea striker Samuel Eto’o facing paternity lawsuit over 19-year-old girl he allegedly fathered
African football legend, Samuel Eto’o is facing a new court paternity lawsuit over an alleged love child.
According to Mail Online Sport, a woman identified as Adileusa do Rosario Neves, 39, is fighting to have the ex-Barcelona, Inter Milan and Chelsea striker recognized as the father of her 19-year-old daughter, Erika.
Adileusa’s lawyer Fernando Osuna confirmed on Tuesday that the hearing would take place at a Madrid court on April 24.
The lawsuit presented by Cape Verde-born Adileusa says she fell pregnant after meeting Eto’o in a nightclub in the Spanish capital in 1997 when he was at Leganes on loan from Real Madrid. She claims Eto’o, 37, who has six recognised children with four different women including his wife Georgette, told her he would ‘act responsibly’ soon after she broke the news but then cut off all contact with her.
Her daughter, Erika was born in November 1999 in a hospital in the Spanish capital.
In a statement, Adileusa’s lawyer Fernando Osuna said: ‘Samuel Eto’o has been summoned to the hearing and it will be open to the press and public.
‘It’s not yet clear if he will attend as he is abroad. He has been asked to attend by a legal representative he had when he was living in Majorca.
‘The judge has allowed official communications to be sent to that person because it would have been impossible otherwise for the court to notify him.
‘He has not so far agreed to a voluntary DNA test and I doubt at this stage that he will.
‘At the moment our case is based on things like photographs and affidavits from witnesses but a refusal by Eto’o to agree to a voluntary DNA test would go in our favour.
‘This process is a long one and it’s going to go on after April’s hearing, but the decision on a maintenance allowance is a key part of this process and the judge’s decision cannot be appealed.
‘The paternity claim would continue after the hearing next month.’