- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
I raped them to ease tension, says 18-year-old man who defiled six minors in Niger State
A suspected rapist identified as Mizanbilu Yusuf has been arrested by the Niger State Police Command for raping 6 minors in Niger state.
The 18-year-old boy met his waterloo after he raped a 9-year-old girl and later confessed that he has raped other minors in Kafin Koro community in Paikoro Local Government Area of the state.
While addressing reporters, the 18-year-old suspect disclosed that he started defiling little girls in the community when he was 17 years old to ease tension.
He said: “I have been in the act and I enjoyed doing it,” he said as he begged for forgiveness from families of his victims.
“I do it when I am aroused to have sex and since I do not have a girlfriend, I decided it would be easier to have carnal knowledge of minors in my area to cool off tension.
“It is quite unfortunate that I found myself in this hopeless act, I want to warn other teenagers to shun this wicked act. It may destroy their future.”
While reacting to the development, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Muhammad Abubakar told reporters that the suspect who confessed to being a serial rapist will be charged to court after investigation has been concluded.