- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Man Beats Wife To Death Over Minor Disagreement
A 28-year-old man identified as Kazeem Yusuf has been arrested by the Ogun State Police Command for allegedly beating his 26-year-old wide, Raimot to death.
In a statement signed and released by the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi revealed that the suspect was apprehended three weeks after he committed the crime and absconded after reporting the incident to the police.
“The suspect has been on the run since September immediately after the incident but was later apprehended on Monday by the policemen at Enugada Police Divisional Headquarters.
According to the Police spokesman, “On 23rd September, the suspect ran to the station and reported that his wife collapsed while going to fetch water and gave up the ghost.
After he reported the incident, the Divisional Police Officer, Enugada division, SP Baba Hamzat detailed his detectives to the scene, but on close observation of the corpse, the detectives noticed marks of violence on her which aroused their suspicion that the victim might not have died of natural cause.
“While the detectives were searching for more evidences, the suspect sneaked out and took to his heels. The corpse was subsequently taken to General hospital Ijaiye mortuary while a massive manhunt was launched for the fleeing killer husband.
“The manhunt yielded positive result on the 14th of October 2019 when his hideout at Itori was discovered where he was promptly arrested.
He has since made a confessional statement that he beat up his wife over a minor disagreement and that the deceased collapsed in the process and gave up the ghost.
“He further stated that it was not the first time of beating the woman, but he didn’t know that the beating will results to her untimely death.
The corpse of the deceased a mother of one has been buried by her relations according to Islamic rite.
“Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, CP Bashir Makama has ordered the transfer of the suspect to Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for further investigation and prosecution”.