- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
Hours after abduction, ex-Police chief found dead in Delta
Barely 6 hours after a retired Police officer identified as Mr Paul Edike by unknown gunmen, his dead body was found on Warri-Sapele Road on Friday in Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State.
According to a member of the deceased family, Joseph Edike while speaking with reporters in Warri, Delta state, he disclosed that the deceased was allegedly kidnapped in Uvwie Local Government last Friday while coming from a social event before his dead body was found on Warri-Sapele Road.
He said that the driver of the deceased who reported the sad incident to the family immediately after the kidnap alleged that a vehicle waylaid their vehicle, dragged his ‘Oga’ out and disappeared with him.
He affirmed that at press time, they had not reported the matter to the Police, adding that the family was in shock and how he was killed barely hours after the abduction made it appeared like assassination.
The State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Adeyinka Adeleke told reporters that incident had not been reported to the Police, adding that the Police would investigate the situation.