- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
Married man killed during fight over concubine, mother of four in Benin
A father of four identified as Dickson Igbinoba, aged 42, has been killed while fighting another married man over a lover who also has four children for another man different from the fighters.
One person has been killed after two married men engaged in a jealous battle over their concubine. The incident occurred at about 8pm on December 27, 2018 at Obaruyi Street in Egor quarters, Benin City, after the two married men engaged in a fight upon meeting at their lover’s apartment.
Witnesses said Dickson collapsed and was later confirmed dead at a hospital while the other lover, Osakioya Egavoen, aged 41, fled.
Witnesses said the woman identified as Osasogie Edo-Ekhator, aged 37, watched helplessly as the two men exchange blows. Osasogie was said to have four children for two different men.
Trouble started when late Dickson picked the woman’s call while relaxing in her room and discovered that it was another man calling her. Sources said Osakioya, apparently enraged, drove to the woman’s residence and engaged Dickson in a fight. Osakioya was later arrested by men of Ogida police station.
Edo Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Chidi Nwabuzor confirmed to our correspondent that the woman and her fleeing lover, Osakioya, have been arrested. Nwabuzor said they have made useful statements to the police and urged residents to always control their emotions to avoid unforseen circumstances.