- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
Police violently break notorious armed robbery syndicate in Katsina after gun duel
Two members of a notorious armed robbery syndicate known for causing mayhem and tension in Katsina Metropolitan Area have been arrested by the Katsina State Police Command.
The suspects identified as Isah Ibrahim, 30yrs of Tudun Yan Lihida Quarters Katsina and Lawal Bilal, 25, of Kofar Marusa Quarters, Katsina were arrested by police officers on Monday.
In a statement released by the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, SP Isah Gambo on Tuesday, October 22, it disclosed that nemesis caught up with the hoodlums when the attacked residents of Sabon Dawa Quarters.
“The Katsina state Police Command under the leadership of CP Sanusi Buba, psc, has yet recorded another tremendous achievement in the fight against crime and criminality in the state. On 16/10/2019 at about 21:30hrs, Operatives attached to Sabon Gari Division, Katsina Metropolitan area responded to a distress call, with the report that armed robbers had attacked residents of Sabon Dawa Quarters, Katsina.
The team arrived timely, engaged and chased the hoodlums into a nearby garden. The team succeeded in arresting the following members of the gang and recovered one fabricated Barreta Pistol” he said
“In the course of investigation, the suspects confessed to the crime and mentioned two others who are presently at large to be their accomplices. Investigation is ongoing” he added.