- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
- BREAKING: Chelsea complete stunning comeback to draw with nine-man Ajax
- BREAKING: FG orders NCC to reduce data cost
- BREAKING: Court sacks Reps majority leader
Woman in court for allegedly sending snake to neighbour’s room
The police, on Wednesday, arraigned a 28-year-old businesswoman, Sadiya Abdullahi in a Mararaba Upper Area Court for allegedly sending a snake to her neighbour’s room to harm his family.
The police charged Abdullahi, who resides at New Orange market, Mararaba, Nasarawa State with intentional insult and criminal conspiracy.
The Prosecution Counsel, Sgt Daniel Torkangu, told the court that the complainant, Mr Awuje Audi of same address with the defendant reported the matter at the “A” Division Police station, Mararaba on October 15.
He said the complainant alleged that on October 12, the defendant “sent” a black snake into her room to harm his household.
The prosecutor said that the complainant had earlier alleged that the defendant threatened to deal with her using black magic.
He said that the offence contravened the provisions of sections 97 and 265 of the Penal Code.
The judge, Ibrahim Shekarau, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N50,000 and one surety in like sum.
Shekarau ordered that the surety must be resident within the court’s jurisdiction and adjourned the case until October 28, for further hearing.