- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
“Mothers of Yahoo Boys will be sent to prison” – Police Warns
The Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Yetunde Longe, in charge of the Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Yaba, has said that as more yahoo boys will be arrested, possibly, their mothers will be sent to prison if found guilty after prosecution.
Longe made this known while reacting to the news making rounds that some yet to be identified women have formed an ‘Association of Yahoo Boys’ Mothers’.
The DCP said,
“The association is still on hear-say until police investigation reveals that there is truth in it, and if it turns out to be true and it is proven that they are in any way involved in any crime, that makes them accomplices and co-conspirators.”
Longe added that they will be made to face the full wrath of the law if caught.
The Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, had recently said that yahoo boys’ mothers have formed an association to burnish the reputation of their children and provide them ample moral support.