- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
Elephant kills Australian tourist in Namibia
An elephant has reportedly killed a 59-year-old Australian tourist in Namibia.
The Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET) in Namibia disclosed that the Australian national was killed in the Huab River in the Kunene region where a group of tourists were camping on Thursday, November 7th.
In a statement released by the Spokesperson of the Ministry, Romeo Muyunda, he said that “It has thus far been established that the area in which the group of tourists were camping is not a designated camping site’’.
According to Muyunda an investigation by the Namibian Police and MET on the incident is underway and will continue. “Among other things we also want to establish if the tourists were guided by a tour guide,’’ he added.
The ministry reiterated the call to tourists to always be cautious and observe rules and regulations put in place for their safety. “Finally, we wish to express our sincere condolences to the bereaved family and friends of the deceased,’’ the ministry concluded.