- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
We Have Not Sacked Golden Eaglets Coach Garba – NFF
The General Secretary of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Dr Sanusi Mohammed has denied the sack of Coach Manu Garba after the Golden Eaglets were eliminated in the Round of 16 by The Netherlands at the FIFA U- 17 World Cup Brazil 2019.
Sanusi said he was surprised reading about the purported sack on different platforms as the federation has no intention to relief any of his employees with valid contract without following the due process.
He said NFF would require full technical report on the team’s arrival which will be combed by its Technical Committee headed by Ahmed Yusuf Fresh who led the Eaglets to Brazil before the board can take any decision.
“I know that much was expected from the team and many football pundits favoured the Eaglets to lift the trophy being a five-time winner of the cadet championship but you know in football anything can happen,
Sanusi said. “Though I was not particularly happy with our ouster but it doesn’t warrant the federation sacking a coach with valid contact.
“I can tell you categorically that Coach Manu Garba has not been sacked by the federation.”
He also revealed that the Federation is planning to hold its Annual General Meeting (AGM) schedule for November 26 to 28 in Benin City, Edo State.