- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Police foil armed robbery attack on CBN Bullion Van in Benin
The police on Tuesday evening foiled an armed robbery attempt on the Benin branch of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
The incident, which happened at King Square (the city center), saw the attempt by the robbery gang trying to break into the bank when a bullion van carrying cash to an unknown commercial bank was about leaving the CBN premises.
The robbers were, however, repelled by the armed police security team attached to the bank.
The exchange of gunfire between the bank security and the robbers that lasted few minutes forced the robbers to retreat and escaped, while people and motorists around scampered for safety.
An eyewitness said while no casualty was recorded, the incident summarily paralysed commercial activities in the area as shop owners hurriedly closed.