- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Corpses of man and wife allegedly abandoned in Calabar over land dispute
A Facebook user, Otuboh Godwin has narrated how the corpses of a man and his wife have been abandoned for over five days, over land dispute in Ikot Uduak, Calabar.
According to Godwin, sequel to the couple’s death, the village head stepped in to claim ownership of their land, insisting that the deceased couple do not belong to the community.
The son of the deceased however, in his statement, stated that the land belongs to their family and they are still in possession of the land documents. He also maintained that his grandfather bought the land and passed it on to his dad who lived there all his life and raised 11 children.
Stressing further, the deceased son explained that the land dispute started immediately his father died, and the village head stopped them from burying their father in the compound.
Read the story below: