- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Boyfriend kills man in Kano for beaming light on his girlfriend
A 22-year-old man has been reportedly arrested by men of Kano State Police Command for allegedly beating one Auwalu Hussaini to death after flashing light on his girlfriend.
The suspect identified as Ibrahim Magaji who hails from Kosawa village of Kura Local Government reportedly visited his girlfriend at Dakasoye village of Garun Malam local government area on Sunday, November 3.
The suspect stood beside his girlfriend when the deceased beamed the light on the face of his lover and Magaji reportedly knocked Hussaini into coma and he was confirmed dead on arrival at Kura General Hospital.
According to reports, the suspect was arrested by operatives on Operation Puff-Adder on the directives of the state’s Commissioner of Police, Mr. Ahmed Iliyasu after fleeing the village.
While reacting to the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa confirmed the arrest and reacted as follows;
“Immediately we received the information our personnel were mobilised to the scene and rushed the unconscious victim to Kura General Hospital where the doctor on duty confirmed him dead on arrival.
“Meanwhile, before then, the suspect had fled the village and the Commissioner of Police immediately activated the operation puff-adder machinery of the command and ordered that the suspect be arrested within 24hrs. Luckily, that same day at 10pm the personnel of Operation Puff-Adder arrested him.
“The CP had directed that the suspect to be transferred to State Crime Intelligence and Investigations Department for discreet investigation. “Preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect beat up his victim for beaming flashlight at his girlfriend”.