- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
American Man Adopts Nigerian Wife’s Surname
An American man has decided to add his wife’s surname to his name after marrying a Nigerian woman.
Howard Sueing III Ekundayo, has adopted his Nigerian wife’s surname, Ekundayo. He made this known on hiw Twitter page.
In a report by Punch, Howard, whose Twitter bio reveals is an Engineering Manager at Netflix, tweeted on Sunday that he had recently got married to a Nigerian woman, one Bukky Ekundayo, and that he was changing his surname to hers, so they could pass it on to their children.
“I recently got married! I’m replacing my birth surname/suffix (Sueing III) with @SimplyBukks‘s (Ekundayo) so that we can pass it on to our future children. “Ekundayo” means “to turn tears to joy” in Yoruba. (sic)”
Howard has already changed his name on Twitter to reflect his new surname. His decision has been well received by the Nigerian Twitter community.
A Twitter user, Uzoma Nwagba sharing a screenshot of Howard’s tweet, wrote,
“Meet my college friend, Howard Sueing, an American. Howard was in love with us Nigerians he met (who wouldn’t be?). Howard has just married our Nigerian classmate, Bukky Ekundayo. He decided to take her surname, officially. Bold. Meet Howard Ekundayo. Congrats bro.”
‘Sire @SiredOne said, He looks Nigerian already while Mike J @CodeInBlack wrote “That’s that 🇳🇬 love spirit. Congrats.”