- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Bill Gates Surpasses Jeff Bezos, Reclaims Richest Person On Earth Title
Billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates officially surpassed Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos at world’s richest person on Earth with a net worth of $110 billion – according to the latest Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
The Microsoft co-founder had briefly topped Bezos as the world’s richest man last month after Amazon’s lacklustre Q3 results resulted in Jeff Bezos losing nearly $7 billion in stock value.
Jeff Bezos had ended Bill Gates’ 24-year run as the richest man in 2018 with a net worth of $160 billion.
According to CNN, Bill Gates regained the lead on Friday after Microsoft stock went up nearly 48 per cent this year, helping boost the value of his stake in the tech giant.
Amazon’s Cloud arm AWS losing $10 billion Pentagon project to Microsoft has also helped the Satya Nadella-led company gain on the stock market.
Bill Gates debuted on Forbes’ first ever billionaire list in 1987 with a net worth of $1.25 billion.
Jeff Bezos first joined The Forbes 400 list of richest Americans in 1998, one year after Amazon went public, with a net worth of $1.6 billion, the report added.
The Bezos couple finalised their divorce in April in what was reported as the biggest divorce settlement in history, entitling MacKenzie Bezos to Jeff Bezos’ stocks worth around $36 billion.