- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Man dupes teenagers of N418k and laptops with promises of marriage
A man identified as David Maduabuchi has been arrested by the Anambra State Police Command for defrauding two 18-year-old girls of N318,000 and N100,000 each.
The 22-year-old suspect who brainwashed the girls he met on Facebook with promises of marriage, hoodwinked them into stealing the money and laptops from their parents and guardian.
While confirming the arrest, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, SP Haruna Mohammed disclosed that suspect will be charged to court after investigation has been concluded.
He said, ” At about 7 am, police officers attached to Awada Division arrested one David Maduabuchi ‘m’ aged 22 years of No 16 Chukwu Onovo street, Okpoko.
“Suspect specializes on swindling vulnerable youngsters particularly teenage girls on Facebook and hoodwinks them into stealing from their parents and guardian for him (the suspect).
“Preliminary investigation revealed that between the months of March, 2019 and November, 2019, the suspect lured one Ogechi Miracle ‘f’ aged 18 years and Chinasa Peter ‘f’ aged 18yrs on Facebook under false pretences of marrying them.
“Victims were further tutored by the suspect and they both stole the sums of three hundred and eighteen thousand naira (#318,000) and one hundred thousand Naira (#100,000) respectively at different times from their parents, as well as laptop computers which they handed over to him.
“Case is under investigation, after which suspect would be charged to court for prosecution.”