- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
Speaker of the Taraba State House of Assembly, Hon Abel Peter Diah has resigned.
It is not known the actual reason Peter Diah took the decision, but he confirmed the development and said it was for personal reasons. He refused to give further details of his actions but promised to speak on it on Monday, December 2.
Recall that an attempt to impeach Diah last Friday was botched as only nine out of the twenty four-member house were reported to have supported the move while fifteen stood on the side of Diah.
It was gathered that the speaker resigned after the intervention by former Vice President Atiku Abubakar; PDP National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus and other top national leaders failed.
A Source disclosed that Governor Ishaku was adamant on replacing the speaker.