- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
Taraba Assembly Gets New Speaker, Receives List Of Commissioner Nominees
Hours after the resignation of Abel Diah, the former Speaker of Taraba State House of Assembly on Sunday evening, a new speaker identified as Joseph Kunini has been elected.
Haman Adama was elected as the new Deputy Speaker by the House while Douglas Ndatse was elected as the Majority Leader.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the House also received an executive communication from Governor Darius Ishaku containing names of commissioner nominees for screening while at the plenary on Monday.
The new Speaker fixed Tuesday for the commencement of screening of the 21 commissioner nominees after reading the executive communication to assembly members.
Abel Diah resigned citing personal reasons on Sunday following weeks of speculation of a fight between Diah and Governor Ishaku which political watchers say is hinged on the politics of 2023.