- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
PHOTO: Police in India arrest suspected Nigerian drug dealer
Men of the Indian Police Force have arrested a 39-year-old suspected Nigerian drug dealer identified as Chinedu Onyedinma.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that policemen in Goa district on Sunday December 1st, received information that Onyedinma was about to deliver hard drugs near Parra junction.
According to Times of India Report, the police acting on the tipoff, waited for him to arrive. Upon sighting the police, Onyedinma took to his heels, abandoning the scooter he rode to the point of delivery.
The police engaged him in a hot chase and caught up with him after a 1km pursuit. After a thorough search was conducted on him, 10.48g of cocaine, worth $1,115(80,000 Rupees) was found on him.
He is said to have confessed to being involved in a drug trafficking syndicate.
Police say Onyedinma is the second Nigerian to be arrested by the crime branch team in two days. On Saturday November 30th, the police force arrested 43 year-old Nigerian man, Lucky Ekoemeye in Morjim, with 8g cocaine. He was arrested based on a tip-off.