Monday, 18 May 2026
  • My Feed
  • My Interests
  • My Saves
  • History
  • Latest Updates
Subscribe
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • 🔥
  • FEATURES
  • POLITICS
  • SPECIAL REPORTS
  • ANALYSIS
  • SPORTS
  • NOLLYWOOD
  • EDUCATION
  • OPINION
  • BUSINESS
  • LIFESTYLE
  • HEALTH
  • TECHNOLOGY
  • PRESS RELEASE
Font ResizerAa
WITHIN NIGERIAWITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. All Rights Reserved.
National

Edo discharges 50 more Covid-19 patients

Last updated: June 22, 2020 4:44 pm
Adejayan Gbenga Gsong
Share
JUST IN: Kano records two new COVID-19 deaths
SHARE

The Edo State Government has announced the recovery and discharge of 50 more coronavirus (COVID-19) patients who have now tested negative for the virus and cleared to reunite with the society, following their treatment at the state’s isolation facilities.

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, who disclosed this in a statement, said the death toll in the state has risen to 31, with the elderly accounting for a large number of the fatalities.

The governor, however, urged residents to comply with all safety and precautionary guidelines against the spread of the virus in order to protect the aged population, which accounts for only five percent of the state’s total population.

Obaseki said, “We have discharged 50 COVID-19 patients from our isolation centres in the state. A total of 197 people have recovered so far. However, the death toll has risen to 31, with the elderly making up a large number of the fatalities. Please, keep safe and protect the elderly”.

Meanwhile, Commissioner for Health, Dr. Patrick Okundia, said the state has recorded a total of 784 confirmed cases, 5555 suspected cases and exited 2052 others, including 1706 line-listed contacts and 346 persons-of-interest (POI) who have completed the compulsory 14-day follow-up and tested negative.

Okundia, who reassured that the government will not relent in its efforts at containing the pandemic and protecting Edo people, noted, “As we continue to record successes in the management of COVID-19 in Edo state, the government urges all residents to comply with safety measures to curtail the spread of the virus and protect the state’s aged population”

The commissioner added, “Stay at home and observe all precautionary measures against the spread of the infectious disease, including regular handwashing with soap under running water and the use of alcohol-based hand sanitisers. Cover your mouth and nose properly when sneezing and/or coughing.

“Two toll-free lines for COVID-19 response have been introduced by Edo State Government to strengthen the initial lines from the State Ministry of Health and the World Health Organisation (WHO) distributed at the onset of the outbreak. If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, please 08001235111 or 08002200110 for assistance”.

TAGGED:CoronavirusDischarged patientsEdo stateNegative cases
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
ByAdejayan Gbenga Gsong
Adejayan is an award-winning Journalist and Opinion writer with varied experience in Nigeria. Mail me at AdejayanOluwagbenga@withinnigeria.com. See full profile on Within Nigeria's TEAM PAGE
Previous Article BBNaija star, Khloe shows off her amazing body transformation after weight gain BBNaija star, Khloe shows off her amazing body transformation after weight gain
Next Article COVID-19: Gov Fayemi names Fayose, Oni, Babalola, others in resource mobilisation committee Fayemi signs 2020 supplementary budget
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

National

Buhari plan to send me to jail — Obasanjo cries out

By
Adesina .O (Teekay)
First military administrator of Jigawa, Olayinka Sule, is dead
National

First military administrator of Jigawa, Olayinka Sule, is dead

By
Adejayan Gbenga Gsong
National

Prisoners in Warri prison protest starvation by state government

By
Coronavirus: Reekado Banks stuck in Gabon, cries out
XTRA

Coronavirus: Reekado Banks stuck in Gabon, cries out

By
Davies Ngere Ify
WITHIN NIGERIA
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

 Your instant connection to breaking stories and live updates. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • World News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Health
  • Travel
Usefull Links
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with US
  • Complaint
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy

© . All Rights Reserved.