Fire guts CBN branch in Gombe
Fire on Friday engulfed a section of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Gombe branch destroying the office of the Branch Controller.
Staff of CBN were seen running for safety.
It was gathered that some staff members were injured in the incident.
While the injured staff and those who inhaled carbon monoxide were rushed to the Federal Teaching Hospital Gombe for medical attention.
It was gathered that the inferno which engulfed a section of the building did not extend to the vault and other important areas.
Also, as at the time of filing this report no death was recorded but due to the smoke, some were taken to the Federal Teaching Hospital Gombe for resuscitation.
Meanwhile a tweet by the Central Bank of Nigeria confirmed the incident while insisting that no casualty was recorded and that the incident was caused by electrical fault.
“Today, a minor fire incident was reported at our Gombe branch. The fire which started from an electrical fault and partially destroyed some furniture in the Branch Controller’s office, was promptly put out. There was no injury and no record or other asset of the Bank was affected,” said the tweet.