An early morning gas explosion has reportedly left a 35-year-old housewife and 1-year-old baby boy injured in Kano.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the gas explosion happened in the early hours of Monday, February 15 leading to the destruction of a building and properties.
It was further learnt that the explosion was caused by a domestic cooking gas.
Both the injured woman and child were taken in an ambulance to the International Clinic.
But they were referred to the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital where they are currently receiving treatment.
In other news, WITHIN NIGERIA reported that the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) has disclosed that reports from its preliminary investigations showed that the Best Roof Gas Plant Station, Baruwa, Lagos, where last Thursday’s gas explosion occurred had no operational licence.
This was disclosed by the DPR director, Mr Sarki Auwalu while commiserating with victims.
Recall that NAN reported that five persons died in the explosion. Eight persons were rescued with various injuries.