TRENDING IN 48-Hrs

Fire guts UNICAL hostel hall

A fire broke out in Room 115, Hall 6 of the Malabor Republic of the University of Calabar dorms.

According to eyewitnesses, the fire occurred Thursday evening at 7.30 p.m.

According to some of the pupils at the dormitory, the fire started due to an electrical failure.

According to Omagu Paul, the Director of Welfare for the Students Union Government, who also confirmed the incident, there have been no casualties yet.

Paul stated that he, Efoli Roland, and other SUG officials had visited the location and had also invited some electricians to verify that the matter was handled properly.

He advised students to stay off the affected area as work is ongoing to fix the electrical fault.

“Affected residents should rest assured that the issue would be rectified as soon as possible”, he said.

The Vice Chancellor Prof Florence Obi could not be reached on phone.

MOST READ TODAY

Follow Us on Google News

Get News Via Whatsapp

Get Updates Via Telegram

Got news tip? send us story

POPULAR TODAY


Leave a comment
MORE STORIES