Labour party in Enugu state has continued to take a big swing, taking over majority seats in the Enugu State House of Assembly.
The breakdown of the result shows that Governor Ugwuanyi lost his state constituency seat to Labour Party candidate.
Below is the breakdown of the result;
- Udefuna Chukwudi (LP) Ezeagu
- Ugwu Raymond (LP) Enugu East II
- Ugwu Obiajulu P. (LP) Enugu South II
- Ngene Bright Emeka (LP) Enugu South I
- Ogara Harrison (LP) Igbo-Eze South
- Eze Ejikeme (LP) Igbo-Eze North I
- Okoh Osita (LP) Enugu East I
- Ezugwu Onyekachi (LP) Nsukka East
- Eze Ignatius Osita (LP) Oji River
- Ijere Obinna Anthony (LP) Udenu
- Onyechi Malachi Okey (LP) Nsukka West
- Amuka Williams (LP) Igbo-Etiti West
- Ani Johnson Samuel (LP) Enugu North
- Eze Gabriel Lebechi (LP) Isi-Uzo.
For the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, they captured ten seats which include;
- Aneke Okechukwu H (PDP) Udi-South
- Ugwu Callitus Uche (PDP) Udi-North
- Aniagu Iloabuchi (PDP) Nkanu West
- Mba Okechukwu (PDP) Nkanu East
- Ekwueme Chukwuma (PDP) Uzo-Uwani
- Eneh Jane Chinwe (PDP) Awgu North
- Ede Magnus (PDP) Aninri
- Nwankwo Anthony (PDP) Awgu South
- Ezeani Ezenta (PDP) Igbo-Etiti East
- Obe Clifford Nnaemeka (PDP) Igbo-Eze North II
It should also be recalled that out of 8 Federal House of Representatives seats in the state, Labour Party won 7, leaving PDP with only one seat.
In the Senatorial seats, Labour Party won 2 out of 3 district seats.
The governorship seat result is still under INEC scrutiny over alleged irregularities.
Discussion about this post