If you’re like a lot of people, you’re probably on auto-renewal for your Glo data plan. It’s convenient, after all. You don’t have to do anything to keep the same data plan you’ve been relying on, and it saves time, right?
But what if you want to change your data plan and stop auto-renewal? Or maybe you just want to cancel the data plan altogether? This can seem like a daunting task at first, but stopping auto-renewal for your Glo data plan is a pretty simple process. In this article, we’ll show you how to take control of your data plan and stop auto-renewal on Glo in no time. Let’s get started!
Causes of Auto-Renewal on Glo
Auto-renewal of data plans is a common practice among telecom providers, and Glo is no exception. These plans can be convenient, but if you’re not careful, you can quickly find yourself paying for more than you need.
What causes auto-renewal on Glo? Well, one of the most common causes is when you set up your plan with auto-renew enabled. You can also accidentally activate it by recharging or renewing the plan before it expires. Additionally, if you haven’t used all of your data allowances before the expiry date, Glo will automatically renew the plan to give you more time to use it up.
Thankfully, there are steps you can take to prevent auto-renewal on Glo. All it takes is a few simple steps and some basic knowledge, so read on to find out how to cancel auto-renewal on Glo!
How to Stop/Cancel Auto-Renewal on Glo Data Plans
If you’re looking to put an end to the auto-renewal of a Glo data plan, you’ve come to the right place. Auto-renewal can be a great convenience, but it can also be a nuisance if you don’t need the data anymore or simply want to switch up your plan.
The good news is that canceling auto-renewal on Glo is a quick and simple process, and there are multiple ways to do so. In this article, we’ll discuss them all so you can find what works best for your needs. Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Through SMS
- Using USSD code
- Dialing Glo Customer Care Line
How to Stop Glo Auto-Renewal Through SMS
Canceling your Glo auto-renewal plan is easy. All you have to do is send a text message to the designated number.
Here are the steps on how to stop Glo auto-renewal on your data plan:
- Open the messaging app on your phone.
- Compose a new message and type in CANCEL.
- Send this message to 127 (Glo’s customer service).
- Once you get the SMS notification confirming that your auto-renewal has been canceled, you can rest easy knowing that it will no longer be enabled when your current subscription has expired.
It’s really that easy! With this method, there will be no more headaches associated with forgetting to manually turn off auto-renewal when you don’t need it anymore, so make sure you use it if you ever want to disable auto-renewal from Glo data plans!
How to Cancel Glo Auto-Renewal Through USSD Code
If you’re an owner of a Glo SIM card, you can take advantage of the easy and convenient way to cancel auto-renewal on your Glo data plan right from the convenience of your phone. All you need to do is dial a USSD code. Here’s how:
- Dial *777# on your Glo-enabled phone
- Select “Manage Data” from the main menu
- Select “Manage Autorenewal”
- Select “Cancel Autorenewal”
- Confirm the selection by selecting “Yes.”
- Finally, you will get a confirmation message that your auto-renewal has been canceled for your current data plan
Voila! With just the use of a USSD code, you can easily stop auto-renewal on the Glo data plan in no time!
How to Stop Glo Auto-Renewal Online
You can cancel auto-renewal on your Glo data plan by visiting the Glo website. Here are the steps:
- On the site, click Sign In
- Enter your login details to access your account
- Go to the My Account menu
- Choose to unsubscribe from your subscription package
Once you do this, you will receive an SMS notification within a few minutes confirming that your auto-renewal has been successfully canceled.
How to Stop Glo Auto-Renewal by Dialing Glo Customer Care Line
You can Call Glo Customer Care Unit via 121 to Cancel Auto-Renewal.
The 121 code is the Glo customer care line. When you dial this code, it means you’re trying to get in touch with the Glo customer care service, Especially a customer care agent. Here is how to contact a Glo customer care representative:
- Dial the number 121. (It is toll-free)
- Follow the automated voice instructions.
- Dial the numbers from the voice prompt accordingly.
- Choose the option that allows you to speak with a customer care agent.
- Make your complaint.
And that’s it! You will get an SMS notification confirming that your auto-renewal has been canceled.
Now that you know how to cancel auto-renewal easily on Glo data plans, you can take advantage of this great feature and save money by only signing up for the plans you need.
How Can I Check My Glo Data Balance?
You can check the remaining balance of your Glo data bundle through the following methods:
- Via SMS: Send info to 127
- Via USSD: Dial *777# or 127*0#
What Happens When the Plan Expires?
Once your plan expires, your data will no longer be active. However, you can easily renew or switch your plan by either recharging or selecting a new plan. You can also set up auto-renewal for your plan if you wish.
For those who are on auto-renewal, you will eventually receive a notification when your subscription is about to expire. This will give you a chance to stop auto-renewal if you no longer need the plan or choose a different plan if you want to switch up your service.
How to Contact Glo Customer Care
If you still need help, you can always contact Glo customer care and speak to a representative. There are several ways to reach them and get help with Glo services.
To get in touch with Glo customer care, you can do any of the following:
- Call the Glo customer care number, which is 121 or +2348050020121 (Dial 200 if you are using other networks)
- Email address: email@example.com
- Log in to the MyGlo app and chat with the customer service representative
- Visit the Glo website and submit a query
- Reach out to Glo customer care through their social media accounts
- Instagram: @globacomlimited
- Facebook: @GloWorld
Whichever method you choose, make sure to provide all relevant details, such as your phone number, in order to get the best customer service experience.
So there you have it, all the information you need to know about how to cancel Glo auto-renewal. Now you can easily switch, renew or cancel your plans when needed.
In conclusion, Glo data plans are a great way to stay connected and enjoy the benefits of the internet. With the ability to easily set up, manage and cancel auto-renewal, you can save time and money while taking advantage of the services you need. Don’t forget that you can always contact Glo customer care if you need any help with setting up, managing, or canceling auto-renewal.