Are you looking to buy a new freezer in Nigeria? You’ve come to the right place. As a homeowner in Nigeria, having a reliable freezer is essential, especially with frequent power outages. You need a freezer that can keep your food frozen for hours without electricity. The good news is freezer prices in Nigeria have become more affordable in recent years due to increasing competition among brands and more energy-efficient models. Read on to know the current price of Freezers in Nigeria.
Overview of Freezer Prices in Nigeria
These days, you have quite a range of freezer options available in Nigeria at different price points. For a basic small chest freezer (5 cubic feet), you’re looking at around ₦50,000 to ₦120,000. These are perfect if you want some extra space for ice cream and frozen veggies.
For a mid-size upright freezer (10-15 cubic feet), expect to pay ₦120,000 and above. This is a good size for a family and will hold plenty of meats, bread, and other staples. Some popular, reputable brands like Haier, Scanfrost, and Binatone offer models in this range.
If you need a large freezer (20 cubic feet or more) to feed a big household or store items in bulk, you’ll be paying ₦150,000 and up. Commercial-grade freezers for businesses start around ₦250,000. These typically offer more advanced features like digital displays, door alarms, and temperature controls.
Make sure to compare prices across sites to get the lowest quote. And if your budget is tight, consider used models, which can save you up to 50% off retail. With so many sizes and options on the market, you’re sure to find an affordable freezer perfect for your needs. And when taken care of properly, a high-quality freezer should last you 10-15 years or more, making it a great long term investment.
Factors That Influence Freezer Prices
Several factors determine the current price of freezers in Nigeria.
Brand and Model
Freezer prices vary greatly based on the brand and specific model. Top brands like LG, Samsung, Haier, and Bosch typically cost more than lesser-known brands. Larger capacity and more high-tech models with additional features also tend to cost more.
Type of Freezer
Chest freezers, upright freezers, and compact freezers come at different price points. Chest freezers, which open from the top, are often the most affordable. Upright freezers take up less floor space but cost more. Compact freezers are ideal for small spaces but are typically the priceiest.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Freezers with better energy efficiency ratings, meaning they consume less energy, often cost slightly more upfront but can save you money in the long run through lower energy bills. Look for freezers rated A++ or better.
Things like digital temperature displays, temperature alarms, door alarms, interior lighting, and lockable doors can increase the price. Basic no-frills models without these extras will be more budget-friendly.
As a general rule, the larger the capacity of the freezer, the higher the price will be. Capacity is measured in either cubic feet or liters. For most households, a mid-sized model between 10 to 20 cubic feet should suit your needs at a reasonable cost.
Retailer and Sales
Prices can vary between retailers like electronics stores, department stores, and home improvement centers. You can find good deals during seasonal sales, especially around holidays like Christmas or Eid al-Fitr. Shopping online can save you money through discounts and coupons.
Remember that the purchase price is not the only cost. You’ll also need to factor in costs for delivery, installation, energy usage, and any repairs or maintenance. Make sure to budget for these additional fees when determining how much you want to spend on a new freezer.
The price of freezers in Nigeria can vary quite a bit depending on the size, brand, and features. Here’s an overview of what you can expect to pay for the major types of freezers currently available in Nigeria:
Hisense Freezers & Prices in Nigeria
- Hisense 142 Litres Chest Freezer (FC-180SH): From N139,900
- Hisense 249 Litres Chest Freezer (FC340SH): From N181,900
- Hisense 297 Litres Chest Freezer (FC390SH): From N216,900
- Hisense 198 Litres Chest Freezer (FC 260SH): From N178,000
- Hisense 95 Litres Chest Freezer (FRZ FC 120SH): From N134,000
- Hisense STANDING FREEZER FRZ 189 DR- 100LTRS: From N218,800
- Hisense Fast Freezing Freezer 260SH ( 198Litres ): From N173,500
- Hisense Chest Freezer FRZ FC 340SH – 250 Liters: From N209,000
- Hisense 189 Liters Black Chest Freezer With Glass Door: From N187,000
- Hisense 189DR-RS 190L Standing Freezer: From N231,000
- Hisense 180 Litres Chest Freezer (FC180SH): From N171,600
- Hisense Chest Freezer FC 55DD 420L : From N352,800
- Hisense Double Door Chest Freezer 500L FC 66DD: From N401,950
- Hisense Chest Freezer FC 91DD- 720Litres: From N616,400
Panasonic Freezers & Prices in Nigeria
- Panasonic Chest Freezer 100 Litres: From N120,000
- Panasonic Chest Freezer 150 Litres: From N130,000
- Panasonic Chest Freezer 200 Litres: From N150,000
- Panasonic Chest Freezer 300 Litres: From N160,000
Nexus Freezers & Prices in Nigeria
- Nexus Chest Freezer 100 Litres: N70,000 – N100,000
- Nexus Chest Freezer 200 Litres: N120,000 – N200,000
- Nexus Chest Freezer 600 Litres: N300,000 – N350,000
- 6 Drawer Standing Freezer: N189, 000 – N200,000
Bruhm Freezers & Prices in Nigeria
- Bruhm 200 Litres Chest Freezer (BCS-200MG): From N153,360
- Bruhm 150LTS CHEST FREEZER FAST COOLING BCS-160MG: From N153,500
- Bruhm Chest Freezer – Bcs-100 Mg – Silver – 100L: From N131,000
- Bruhm Chest Freezer BCS-310MR: From N295,000
- Bruhm CHEST FREEZER BCS-100MG SILVER, 92LTRS:From N134,500
- Bruhm CHEST FREEZER BCD-500M SILVER DOUBLE DOOR PREMIUM 500LTRS:From N480,000
LG Freezers & Prices in Nigeria
- LG Chest Freezer FRZ 415 Sil- 345Litres: From N425,000
- LG 250 Litres Chest Freezer (LGFRZ25K): From N359,900
- LG 190Ltrs Direct Cooling & Stabilizer Free Chest Freezer: From N256,250
- LG STANDING FREEZER FRZ 304R – 200LTRS: From N297,000
- LG 138 Litres Capacity Chest Freezer – FRZ 155: From N345,000
- LG 280 Liters Capacity Chest Freezer: From N286,000
- LG Chest Freezer 280 Litres: From N485,000
- LG STANDING FREEZER FRZ 414K – 355LTRS: From N650,000
- LG 253Liters Capacity Fast Freezing Chest Freezer: From N585,000
- LG 190Ltrs Direct Cooling & Stabilizer Free Chest Freezer: From N295,000
- LG 200Liters Capacity Chest Freezer – FRZ304R: From N285,500
- LG CHEST FREEZER FRZ 35K INVERTER 350L: From N495,500
- LG Inverter Chest Freezer FRZ 25K 253ltrs: From N395,000
- LG Refrigerator 308Ltrs Top Freezer: From N469,000
- LG 272L Smart Inverter Double Door Top Freezer Refrigerator: From N335,700
Polystar Freezers & Prices in Nigeria
- Polystar Chest/Deep-Freezer – 322L: From N187,500
- Polystar 725 Litres Chest Freezer (PVCF-DG): From N520,000
- Polystar Double Door Refrigerator – Polystar Pv-215l[118 Litre]: From N170,000
- Polystar SUPERB CHEST FREEZER PV-CF322RD: From N185,000
- Polystar 261L Deep / Chest Freezer PV- CF-261L: From N250,000
- Polystar 167Litre 6 Steps Upright Freezer: From N320,000
- Polystar Chest/Deep-Freezer – 74Litre: From N98,000
Haier Thermocool Freezers & Prices in Nigeria
- Haier Thermocool 200 Litres Chest Freezer (HTF-200) – From N194,400
- Haier Thermocool 146 Litres Chest Freezer (HTF-150) – From N168,050
- Haier Thermocool 319 Litres Medium Chest Freezer (HTF-319IW) – From N307,045
- Haier Thermocool 519 Litres Chest Freezer (HTF-519IS R6)– From N606,315
- Haier Thermocool 219 Litres Medium Inverter Chest Freezer (HTF-219IS R6) –From N251,535
- Haier Thermocool 146L Medium Chest Freezer (Up To 40% Energy Saving) – From N204,404
- Haier Thermocool 203L Medium Chest Freezer (Up To 40% Energy Saving) – From N238,000
- Haier Thermocool 203L Medium Chest Freezer (Up To 40% Energy Saving) – From N230,100
- Haier Thermocool Inverter Turbo Chest Freezer HTF-319TS – From N365,500
- Haier Thermocool MED Inverter Chest Freezer 259L (50% Energy Saving)– From N312,000
- Haier Thermocool 180 Liters Upright Freezer HF-180BS R6– From N314,800
- Haier Thermocool ICE CREAM DISPLAY FREEZER HT SD-332H– From N587,200
- Haier Thermocool Inverter Turbo Chest Freezer HTF-219TS– From N350,500
- Haier Thermocool Chest Freezer HTF-719HA– From N837, 000
Skyrun Freezers & Prices in Nigeria
- Skyrun 99 Litres Chest Freezer (BD-100MW): From N115,990
- Skyrun 145 Litres Chest Freezer (BD-145A): From N135,990
- Skyrun 100 Litres Chest Freezer (BD-90A) : From N109,990
- Skyrun 200 Litres Chest Freezer (BD-200A): From N162,990
- Skyrun 180 Litres Upright Freezer (BDL-180HC) : From N243,990
- Skyrun 142 Litres Chest Freezer (BD-150MW): From N133,990
- Skyrun 260 Litres Chest Freezer (BD-260A): From N195,990
- Skyrun 185 Litres Upright Freezer (BDL-185H): From N309,990
Snowsea Freezers & Prices in Nigeria
- Snowsea Chest Freezer BD-370 (370litres): From N191,500
- Snowsea Chest Freezer BD108: From N101,000
- Snowsea CHEST FREEZER BD-370: From N186,900
- Snowsea CHEST FREEZER-BD-600- GREY, DOUBLE DOOR: From N313,800
- Snowsea CHEST FREEZER-BD-208-: From N153,800
- Snowsea Chest Freezer BD-258: From N165, 300
- Snowsea CHEST FREEZER 2023 NEW EDITION -BD158: From N120,950
- Snowsea Chest Freezer BD-308-G-308L: From N188, 300
Scanfrost Freezers & Prices in Nigeria
- Scanfrost 93L Chest Freezer (SFL100) ECO: From N135,160
- Scanfrost Chest Freezer SFL300ECO: From N296,250
- Scanfrost Chest Freezer SFL150ECO: From N197,250
- Scanfrost 250-Litre Premium Chest Freezer SFL250 PRE: From N255,000
- Scanfrost Chest Freezer SFL200ECO: From N231,150
- Scanfrost FREEZER SFL300liters: From N299,500
- Scanfrost FREEZER SFL 380liters: From N250,800
Midea Freezers & Prices in Nigeria
- Midea Chest Freezer HS-256CN: From N206,000
- Midea Jazz Black 173L: From N290,000
- Midea CHEST FREEZER HS-186CN 142 LTRES: From N163, 500
- Midea Chest Freezer HS 129: From N142,000
As with any major appliance purchase, be sure to compare prices at different retailers to get the best deal. You should also consider energy efficiency and warranty coverage before choosing a model. With some smart shopping, you can find a high-quality freezer to suit your needs and budget.
Where to Find the Best Freezer Deals
When looking for a new freezer, you’ll want to get the best deal possible. Here are some of the top places to find great prices on freezers:
Check the websites of major freezer brands like Nexus, LG, Samsung, or Haier Thermocool. They frequently run sales and promotions on their freezers that offer 10-30% off or more. You can find coupons and promo codes on their sites to save even more.
Retailers like Jumia, Konga, and Jiji often have the largest selections and best prices on appliances like freezers. They frequently run weekly sales, especially around holidays, that can net you up to 50% off or more. You can also often find additional coupons and promo codes for these stores to maximize your savings.
Websites like Jiji, Konga, Jumia, and other online marketplaces frequently have people selling new or slightly used freezers at a significant discount. You can often find freezers that are only a couple of years old for 30-60% less than buying new. Just be sure to check the seller’s ratings and reviews before purchasing.
Buying a freezer doesn’t have to break the bank if you shop at the right places.
To find the best deals on freezers in Nigeria, here are some tips to keep in mind:
Compare prices across stores and websites to find the lowest price on the model you want. Check big retailers like Jumia, Konga, and Slot, as well as local appliance stores. Look for coupons and promo codes that can save you even more.
Buy During Sales
Major holidays like Christmas, Eid-el-Fitr, and Independence Day often have big appliance sales with major markdowns on freezers. If you need a new freezer soon, it may be worth waiting for one of these big sale events.
Consider a Refurbished Model
Refurbished or reconditioned freezers have been returned by a previous owner, tested, and restored to like-new working condition. They come with a limited warranty and can save you 30-50% off the retail price of a new model. Check for refurbished or scratch and dent models on Jumia and Konga.
Negotiate the Best Deal
Don’t be afraid to negotiate with sales associates, especially if there are imperfections or the freezer has been on the showroom floor for a while. They would rather make a sale at a discount than be stuck with old inventory. See if they will throw in free delivery or an extended warranty to seal the deal.
Check Your Budget
Know how much you can afford to spend on a new freezer before you start shopping. Compare that to the typical price range for different sizes and types of freezers, so you have realistic expectations. Look for freezers specifically within your budget to avoid overspending.
Consider Additional Costs
Remember that the sticker price of a freezer isn’t the only cost. Factor in additional charges like delivery fees, installation, and yearly energy usage, which can add significantly to your total cost of ownership over time. Choose an energy-efficient model to save money and help the environment.
Do Your Research
Educate yourself on different freezer types, sizes, and features so you can make the choice that best fits your needs. Read reviews from other customers to determine reliable brands and potential issues. An informed shopper will always get the best deal.
What Brands are Affordable but High Quality?
Reliable, budget-friendly brands in Nigeria include Binatone, Haier Thermocool, and LG. Their freezers offer good value for the money. For example, you can find a Binatone 7 cubic feet chest freezer for around ₦55,000 or an LG 9 cubic feet upright freezer for ₦85,000. These brands are durable and energy efficient.
Buying a freezer is an investment, so take time to determine the right size and features for your needs and budget.
So there you have it, an overview of current prices for freezers of different types and capacities in Nigeria. As with any major appliance purchase, doing some research on brands, features, and costs will help ensure you get the best value for your money. While freezers aren’t the most exciting things to shop for, having one can make a big difference in reducing food waste and saving time. Now that you know what’s out there and have an idea of typical price ranges, you’re well equipped to find an affordable and high-quality freezer option to suit your specific needs.