- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Female Kogi Pilgrim Dies in Mecca (Photo)
A female Muslim pilgrim from Igala-mela local government area of Kogi state, Hajiya Asmau Iyawo Abdullahi has died of an illness while performing this year’s hajj in Mecca.
The state’s Hajj Commission chairman, Shiekh Lukman Abdullahi Imam, who announced the death while giving an update of the Hajj exercise in Mecca, said the pilgrim died Tuesday morning.
“She died after all attempts by our medical team to treat her failed; she was an elderly person and her health deteriorated immediately she arrived the holy land. May Allah forgive her of all her wrongdoings; she has since been buried in the city of Makkah.”