- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Soldier who killed herdsman in Edo State over refusal to pay bribe arrested
The army officer who allegedly killed an Hausa cattle breeder has been arrested by the 4 Brigade of the Nigeria Army headquarters, Benin, Edo State.
The soldier allegedly shot dead Shafiu Garba at Uromi check-point over refusal to give bribe.
The Brigade spokesperson, Muhammed Maidawa, who confirmed the arrest in a statement claims that the deceased was hit by a bullet while trying to evade checks.
“It was alleged that the soldier killed Shafiu Garba over his refusal to give bribe at a checkpoint. It is important to put the records straight that soldiers on routine Stop and Search Operation at Uromi, Esan Central Local Government Area, shot at a moving truck that tried to evade checks.
Unfortunately, a civilian was hit by a bullet and was immediately rushed to a hospital at Uromi where he gave up.” the statement read in part.