- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
Soldier who killed herdsman in Edo State over refusal to pay bribe arrested
The army officer who allegedly killed an Hausa cattle breeder has been arrested by the 4 Brigade of the Nigeria Army headquarters, Benin, Edo State.
The soldier allegedly shot dead Shafiu Garba at Uromi check-point over refusal to give bribe.
The Brigade spokesperson, Muhammed Maidawa, who confirmed the arrest in a statement claims that the deceased was hit by a bullet while trying to evade checks.
“It was alleged that the soldier killed Shafiu Garba over his refusal to give bribe at a checkpoint. It is important to put the records straight that soldiers on routine Stop and Search Operation at Uromi, Esan Central Local Government Area, shot at a moving truck that tried to evade checks.
Unfortunately, a civilian was hit by a bullet and was immediately rushed to a hospital at Uromi where he gave up.” the statement read in part.