- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
Soldier who killed herdsman in Edo State over refusal to pay bribe arrested
The army officer who allegedly killed an Hausa cattle breeder has been arrested by the 4 Brigade of the Nigeria Army headquarters, Benin, Edo State.
The soldier allegedly shot dead Shafiu Garba at Uromi check-point over refusal to give bribe.
The Brigade spokesperson, Muhammed Maidawa, who confirmed the arrest in a statement claims that the deceased was hit by a bullet while trying to evade checks.
“It was alleged that the soldier killed Shafiu Garba over his refusal to give bribe at a checkpoint. It is important to put the records straight that soldiers on routine Stop and Search Operation at Uromi, Esan Central Local Government Area, shot at a moving truck that tried to evade checks.
Unfortunately, a civilian was hit by a bullet and was immediately rushed to a hospital at Uromi where he gave up.” the statement read in part.