- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Okorocha declares 18 days Christmas holiday in Imo State
The Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has declared 18 days Christmas holidays for Imo workers.
The 18 days Christmas holiday was contained in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo.
He said it was to enable workers have a wonderful celebration with their loved ones.
The holidays is expected to begin Friday, December 22, 2017 till Monday, January 8, 2018.
The statement however exempted workers on essential duties from the holidays.
“In celebration of Yuletide season IMO government gives workers in the state 18 days holiday for Yuletide celebration.
“The government gives its workforce reasonable time every Christmas to enable them celebrate with their loved ones.
“The holiday starts 22 dec. to January 8th 2018.
“Government has paid salary to workers in the state up to December to enable them also enjoy the Christmas. This is to wish them a blissful yuletide,” the statement read