- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
Okorocha declares 18 days Christmas holiday in Imo State
The Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has declared 18 days Christmas holidays for Imo workers.
The 18 days Christmas holiday was contained in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo.
He said it was to enable workers have a wonderful celebration with their loved ones.
The holidays is expected to begin Friday, December 22, 2017 till Monday, January 8, 2018.
The statement however exempted workers on essential duties from the holidays.
“In celebration of Yuletide season IMO government gives workers in the state 18 days holiday for Yuletide celebration.
“The government gives its workforce reasonable time every Christmas to enable them celebrate with their loved ones.
“The holiday starts 22 dec. to January 8th 2018.
“Government has paid salary to workers in the state up to December to enable them also enjoy the Christmas. This is to wish them a blissful yuletide,” the statement read