- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Okorocha declares 18 days Christmas holiday in Imo State
The Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has declared 18 days Christmas holidays for Imo workers.
The 18 days Christmas holiday was contained in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo.
He said it was to enable workers have a wonderful celebration with their loved ones.
The holidays is expected to begin Friday, December 22, 2017 till Monday, January 8, 2018.
The statement however exempted workers on essential duties from the holidays.
“In celebration of Yuletide season IMO government gives workers in the state 18 days holiday for Yuletide celebration.
“The government gives its workforce reasonable time every Christmas to enable them celebrate with their loved ones.
“The holiday starts 22 dec. to January 8th 2018.
“Government has paid salary to workers in the state up to December to enable them also enjoy the Christmas. This is to wish them a blissful yuletide,” the statement read