- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
Okorocha declares 18 days Christmas holiday in Imo State
The Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has declared 18 days Christmas holidays for Imo workers.
The 18 days Christmas holiday was contained in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo.
He said it was to enable workers have a wonderful celebration with their loved ones.
The holidays is expected to begin Friday, December 22, 2017 till Monday, January 8, 2018.
The statement however exempted workers on essential duties from the holidays.
“In celebration of Yuletide season IMO government gives workers in the state 18 days holiday for Yuletide celebration.
“The government gives its workforce reasonable time every Christmas to enable them celebrate with their loved ones.
“The holiday starts 22 dec. to January 8th 2018.
“Government has paid salary to workers in the state up to December to enable them also enjoy the Christmas. This is to wish them a blissful yuletide,” the statement read