- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
Richest people in Nigeria and their worth
Richest people in Nigeria emerged from Forbes list of Africa’s richest people and with no surprise our very own Aliko Dangote is at the top of the list. Nigeria also beats South Africa for the first time since the inception of Forbes Richest people in Africa by claiming 13 spots on the list while South Africa has claims to 11 spots.
Richest people in Nigeria – Nigeria produced two new comers to the list of Africa’s richest Orji Uzor Kalu and Tony Elumelu and three new billionaires: Theophilus Danjuma, Uzor Kalu and Tony Elumelu.
Abdulsamad Rabiu left the Billionaires club as he dropped beow $1 billion due to ceased operations at his floating cement terminal in Nigeria
Nigeria’s Sani Bello was on the list but he fell from the ranks of Africa’s richest in 2014 after he sold his shares in a Nigerian oil exploration firm and stepped down as director of the company.
His Sani Bello foundation provides small loans and grants to young Nigerian entrepreneurs. His estimated worth, which was $500 million on 2013, fell below $400 million in the following years.
The oldest person on the list is 75 – Theophilus Danjuma. The youngest is Femi Odetola, age 48. There is only one woman on the list
Meet Forbes List of Nigeria’s Richest People
13. Oba Otudeko
Net Worth: $550 Million (As of November 2014)
Rank In Nigeria: #13
Rank In Africa: #46 (#33 in 2013)
Oba Otudeko is the founder and chairman of Honeywell Group.
The conglomerate’s operations stretch across oil and gas, flour milling, real estate and marine transportation.
Another piece of his fortune is in the oceanfront Radisson Blu in Lagos, Nigeria.