- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
Four Policemen declared missing after herdsmen ambush in Benue
The Benue State Police Command on Saturday declared four riot policemen missing after suspected Fulani herdsmen ambushed their patrol team.
The command spokesman, Moses Yamu, in a statement made available to our correspondent, said the incident occurred in the troubled Logo Local Government Area of the state.
He said, “In furtherance of its confidence-building strategy and strengthening its visibility, the Police Mobile Force Teams conducted a robust patrol of Ayilamo in Logo LGA.
“However, on their way back to their camps, the policemen were attacked by armed herdsmen. One of their patrol team vehicles got burnt in the ensuing gun battle.”