- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
Fake soldiers rob a real soldier in Abuja, got arrested
Two suspects dressed in Army camouflage have been arrested by the Niger State police command for robbing one Usman Saidu, a sergeant of the Nigerian Army Guards Brigade, Asokoro in Abuja. .
They were also said to have in the past carried out robbery operations and terrorised residents around Zuma Rock area in Madalla, Suleja Council of the state. .
The suspects, Peter Ali, 27, and Paul Isyaku, 23, were trailed before being arrested by the Police after robbing the soldier of his car. .
Saidu was returning from Abuja with his Honda Accord car, at Zuma Rock area along the Abuja -Kaduna highway when the robbers attacked him and dispossessed him of his car, phone and other valuables.
The bandits, numbering six, were wearing Army camouflage uniform to carry out this heinous act. The suspects permanently stationed themselves on Abuja-Kaduna road, robbing innocent people on a daily basis. Ali said they had been operating on the Abuja-Kaduna highway for over five years.