TRENDING IN 48-Hrs

21 killed, 22 injured in Borno suicide attacks

Twenty-one persons have been confirmed killed in a suicide bomb attack on Konduga, Borno State, on Friday.

 

Borno state Commissioner of Police, Damian Chukwu, told journalists in Maiduguri that three suicide bombers launched the attacks on Konduga, where 18 other persons were killed.

According to Chukwu, the attacks, which were launched between 8.30pm and 9pm, resulted in injuries to 22 other persons.

He said those injured in the attacks were rushed to the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital for treatment.

The police commissioner lamented that the suicide bombers, comprising two females and one male, detonated improvised explosive devices, adding that normalcy had been restored to the town.

An eyewitness, Modu Konduga, in a telephone interview with our correspondent, said the attack was carried out on a fish market at about 8.30pm on Friday.

He confirmed that three suicide bombers, who attacked the market, died.

According to him, among those killed was a soldier who went to the market to buy tea from the local tea seller.

READ ALSO: Robbery gang headed by medical doctor busted in Abuja
 
FOR Trending Videos, Comedy, Viral Photos, Click to join Our INSTAGRAM: @withinnigeria

MOST READ TODAY

MORE INTERESTING POSTS

LATEST UPDATES

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

2 Comments
  1. Fortune-boy Chingozi says

    We have DIFITED BOKO HARAM. ARMY.

    1. Ako Ethelbert says

      this is what is called tactically soft target, they cannot attack openly anymore. it happens anywhere in the worlrd with even astonishingly much higher figures.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.