- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Jay-Z buys 40 bottles of expensive drinks, splashes $113k on food at friend’s birthday party
Music mogul and businessman, Jay-Z threw a lavish birthday bash for his good friend who turned 50 last Sunday.
The party was in honour of Juan “OG” Perez, the president of Roc Nation Sports, and the 48-year-old rapper reportedly splashed a whopping sum of $113,000 at three different hot spots in New York City, where they celebrated the birthday.
According to Page Six, he spent $13,000 (N4,663,392.44) for dinner for six including himself at the Zuma restaurant in Midtown, before spending another additional $9,000 (N3,227,869.23) on drinks at Made in Mexico in Inwood.
The site reported that they later moved on to the Playroom nightclub, spending $91,135 (N32,680,666.85) on 40 bottles of Jay’s own Ace Of Spades champagne brand.
It was also stated that Jay-Z “was seen handing bottles out to other tables in the club”.
According to the receipt posted by one staff member, Jay-Z and his friends left a tip of $11,100, to take their grand total to $113,000.