- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Jay-Z buys 40 bottles of expensive drinks, splashes $113k on food at friend’s birthday party
Music mogul and businessman, Jay-Z threw a lavish birthday bash for his good friend who turned 50 last Sunday.
The party was in honour of Juan “OG” Perez, the president of Roc Nation Sports, and the 48-year-old rapper reportedly splashed a whopping sum of $113,000 at three different hot spots in New York City, where they celebrated the birthday.
According to Page Six, he spent $13,000 (N4,663,392.44) for dinner for six including himself at the Zuma restaurant in Midtown, before spending another additional $9,000 (N3,227,869.23) on drinks at Made in Mexico in Inwood.
The site reported that they later moved on to the Playroom nightclub, spending $91,135 (N32,680,666.85) on 40 bottles of Jay’s own Ace Of Spades champagne brand.
It was also stated that Jay-Z “was seen handing bottles out to other tables in the club”.
According to the receipt posted by one staff member, Jay-Z and his friends left a tip of $11,100, to take their grand total to $113,000.