- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
- I’ve been pushed out — Senate President, Saraki, says as he dumps APC for PDP
Jay-Z buys 40 bottles of expensive drinks, splashes $113k on food at friend’s birthday party
Music mogul and businessman, Jay-Z threw a lavish birthday bash for his good friend who turned 50 last Sunday.
The party was in honour of Juan “OG” Perez, the president of Roc Nation Sports, and the 48-year-old rapper reportedly splashed a whopping sum of $113,000 at three different hot spots in New York City, where they celebrated the birthday.
According to Page Six, he spent $13,000 (N4,663,392.44) for dinner for six including himself at the Zuma restaurant in Midtown, before spending another additional $9,000 (N3,227,869.23) on drinks at Made in Mexico in Inwood.
The site reported that they later moved on to the Playroom nightclub, spending $91,135 (N32,680,666.85) on 40 bottles of Jay’s own Ace Of Spades champagne brand.
It was also stated that Jay-Z “was seen handing bottles out to other tables in the club”.
According to the receipt posted by one staff member, Jay-Z and his friends left a tip of $11,100, to take their grand total to $113,000.