- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Jay-Z buys 40 bottles of expensive drinks, splashes $113k on food at friend’s birthday party
Music mogul and businessman, Jay-Z threw a lavish birthday bash for his good friend who turned 50 last Sunday.
The party was in honour of Juan “OG” Perez, the president of Roc Nation Sports, and the 48-year-old rapper reportedly splashed a whopping sum of $113,000 at three different hot spots in New York City, where they celebrated the birthday.
According to Page Six, he spent $13,000 (N4,663,392.44) for dinner for six including himself at the Zuma restaurant in Midtown, before spending another additional $9,000 (N3,227,869.23) on drinks at Made in Mexico in Inwood.
The site reported that they later moved on to the Playroom nightclub, spending $91,135 (N32,680,666.85) on 40 bottles of Jay’s own Ace Of Spades champagne brand.
It was also stated that Jay-Z “was seen handing bottles out to other tables in the club”.
According to the receipt posted by one staff member, Jay-Z and his friends left a tip of $11,100, to take their grand total to $113,000.