- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
I was broke when I was producing songs for Timaya, K-Solo advises upcoming music producers
Nigerian music producer, Solomon Oyeniyi, aka K-Solo, has opened up that he was a broke man back in the days when he was rated as one of the biggest producers in Nigeria.
In a recent interview with GoldmyneTV, K-Solo stated that, though he was famous while producing Timaya and other big artistes, it didn’t fetch him money.
“when I was working on Timaya and the fame was so huge, I didn’t even have money to give out to people. People called me for interviews, but I couldn’t go and they felt I had pride. I didn’t have pride, but there was no money to give people who were supporting me on TV or radio. When I wanted to go to events, I would go with Timaya’s CDs to give out to people disturbing me for money.”
According to him, most of the young producers working with top musicians are poor.
“I know many people with big names that cannot take care of themselves; they depend on girlfriends and ‘yahoo boys’ for survival. Some producers don’t have money to buy equipment. It is that terrible.
They feel bad about it; I have gone through this too. I try to advice many of them never to give up as it was a phase we passed through too. The adage that empty barrel makes the loudest noise is true. When people are wealthy, you hardly hear them talk” he said.