- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Army pays 95 widows of fallen heroes N19m in Enugu
The Nigerian Army has disbursed N19 million to 95 widows of fallen heroes residing in Abakpa and Awkunanaw Barracks in Enugu State.
Maj.- Gen. Adamu Abubakar, the General Officer Commanding (GOC), 82 Division of the Nigerian Army said this in a statement issued by Col. Sagir Musa, Deputy Director of Army Public Relations of the Division on Saturday in Enugu.
Musa, who explained that each of the widows received N200, 000, said that the money was presented to the widows at the division’s auditorium in Enugu on Friday.
He said that Abubakar, on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, urged the beneficiaries to make use of the money judiciously.
Musa also said that the GOC thanked Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi for his continued support to the widows and the Division.
NAN recalls that Ugwuanyi had during the 2018 Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration pledged to empower the widows of fallen heroes of the Division.
The governor on Feb. 17, during the 2018 West African Social Activities held in Abakpa Cantonment, Enugu, redeemed the pledge with a cheque of N19.6 million, which he presented to the GOC.
Musa also said that the Garrison Commander of the Division, Brig.-Gen. Lasisi Adegboye, and representatives from the Nigeria Army Officers Wives Association (NAOWA), 82 Division Chapter attended the occasion.