- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
Boko Haram now completely defeated — Nigerian Army
The Nigerian Army says it has completely defeated Boko Haram insurgents in the country.
The Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Rogers Nicholas, disclosed this when he spoke at the inauguration of the Nigeria-Cameroon military joint mission in Maiduguri, Borno State capital yesterday February 3rd.
Channels TV reports that General Nicholas said troops under the operation “Deep Punch II” on Friday dislodged the insurgents for their tactical ground “Camp Zairo.”
“My soldiers are in the heart of Boko Haram enclave that is Camp Zairo. The gallant troops have taken total control of Sambisa forest. We have broken the heart and soul of Shekau’s group, taking over the camp and its environs. They are on the run and we are pursuing them to wherever they go. This time around there is no place for escape anywhere,” he said.
He said further that hundreds of insurgents had surrendered, several others fled, and over 100 civilians were rescued.
The theatre commander also challenged the fleeing insurgents and abducted persons in the bush to come out and surrender to the troops, promising that they would not be harmed or killed.