- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Stella, a student of Gateway Excel College, Ogeneago Otukpa in Benue state, developed complications after the quack doctor performed an open appendectomy on her. She had to be transferred to a different hospital where she eventually died in spite of efforts to save her life.
Itodo Samuel Anthony, who is a teacher at Stella’s school, shared the story on Facebook. He revealed that the quack doctor is a lab scientist at a government hospital but opened his private hospital where he poses as a medical doctor. When patients are sent to him for lab tests at the lab in the government hospital, he diverts them to his private hospital and begins treating them like he’s a trained doctor.
Itodo also disclosed that a doctor friend told him it has become a habit for such quacks, who are now everywhere, to misdiagnose patients suffering simple stomach ache as appendicitis just so they can perform the surgery and make money from it.
Read the very sad story below.