- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
- I’ve been pushed out — Senate President, Saraki, says as he dumps APC for PDP
Stella, a student of Gateway Excel College, Ogeneago Otukpa in Benue state, developed complications after the quack doctor performed an open appendectomy on her. She had to be transferred to a different hospital where she eventually died in spite of efforts to save her life.
Itodo Samuel Anthony, who is a teacher at Stella’s school, shared the story on Facebook. He revealed that the quack doctor is a lab scientist at a government hospital but opened his private hospital where he poses as a medical doctor. When patients are sent to him for lab tests at the lab in the government hospital, he diverts them to his private hospital and begins treating them like he’s a trained doctor.
Itodo also disclosed that a doctor friend told him it has become a habit for such quacks, who are now everywhere, to misdiagnose patients suffering simple stomach ache as appendicitis just so they can perform the surgery and make money from it.
Read the very sad story below.