- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Stella, a student of Gateway Excel College, Ogeneago Otukpa in Benue state, developed complications after the quack doctor performed an open appendectomy on her. She had to be transferred to a different hospital where she eventually died in spite of efforts to save her life.
Itodo Samuel Anthony, who is a teacher at Stella’s school, shared the story on Facebook. He revealed that the quack doctor is a lab scientist at a government hospital but opened his private hospital where he poses as a medical doctor. When patients are sent to him for lab tests at the lab in the government hospital, he diverts them to his private hospital and begins treating them like he’s a trained doctor.
Itodo also disclosed that a doctor friend told him it has become a habit for such quacks, who are now everywhere, to misdiagnose patients suffering simple stomach ache as appendicitis just so they can perform the surgery and make money from it.
Read the very sad story below.