- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
Insurgency: Saudi Arabia donates $10m to Nigeria
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has donated the sum of $10million to Nigeria towards the fight against insurgency.
The donation $10m and relief materials was announced in Abuja on Monday by an official of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Defence Ministry, Nasir Mutbak. According to Mutbak, the donation is part of King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Programme. He said the donation will be used to provide food and other basic amenities in IDP camps in the North-East Region.
Saudi Arabia and Nigeria have continued to have very good relationship. Our mission in the ministry of Defence is to help our brothers in the IDP camps in the North East. The $10million is from the King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center and the Saudi Development Fund.
It is meant to show solidarity with Nigeria in the fight against terrorism and to show support in aid of the IDPs who are going through some sufferings” he said
Nigeria’s Defence Minister, Retired Brigadier General Mansur Dan while receiving the team from Saudi Arabia, said the fund will go a long way in helping to fight terrorism in the country.