- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
- Photos from Nasarawa gas explosion
- 2019: Atiku escape mob action after submitting PDP nomination forms
- Photos of 3 APC LG chairman killed in auto crash in Saudi Arabia
- 2019: Saraki, Jonathan in closed door meeting
- Nollywood loses another actress, Uduak Akrah
- Nollywood loses another Veteran Actor, Chike Osuji
Nigerian Navy arrests 16 Ukrainians for illegal oil trade
16 Ukrainians found in a ship have been arrested by the Nigerian Navy Forward Operating Base (FOB) in Bonny, Rivers State for alleged illegal oil trade.
The Ukrainians were caught while operating on a vessel in Nigerian waters on Friday.
Commanding Officer, FOB Bonny, Captain Suleiman Olorundare, said that the foreigners’ activities violated the law of cabotage.
The suspects who were caught while carrying drums suspected to be automated gas oil, without relevant documentation have been handed over to security operatives for further investigations..
“The ship was arrested in our Maritime environment. She was engaged in illegal trading activities that contravene our national law, especially the Cabotage law,” Olorundare said.
The 16 suspects were, thereafter, handed over to the operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for further investigations and possible prosecution.