- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
Nigerian Navy arrests 16 Ukrainians for illegal oil trade
16 Ukrainians found in a ship have been arrested by the Nigerian Navy Forward Operating Base (FOB) in Bonny, Rivers State for alleged illegal oil trade.
The Ukrainians were caught while operating on a vessel in Nigerian waters on Friday.
Commanding Officer, FOB Bonny, Captain Suleiman Olorundare, said that the foreigners’ activities violated the law of cabotage.
The suspects who were caught while carrying drums suspected to be automated gas oil, without relevant documentation have been handed over to security operatives for further investigations..
“The ship was arrested in our Maritime environment. She was engaged in illegal trading activities that contravene our national law, especially the Cabotage law,” Olorundare said.
The 16 suspects were, thereafter, handed over to the operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for further investigations and possible prosecution.