- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
- Photos from Nasarawa gas explosion
- 2019: Atiku escape mob action after submitting PDP nomination forms
- Photos of 3 APC LG chairman killed in auto crash in Saudi Arabia
- 2019: Saraki, Jonathan in closed door meeting
- Nollywood loses another actress, Uduak Akrah
- Nollywood loses another Veteran Actor, Chike Osuji
Sokoto based Business Woman strangles baby born out of wedlock, dumps it in pit toilet
A businesswoman in Sokoto, Rabiat Mustapha, 30, has been remanded in prison custody over alleged murder of her baby born out of wedlock.
Mustapha, who resides at Asada area of Sokoto, is facing a two-count of criminal conspiracy and preventing a child from being borne or causing it die after birth.
The accused pleaded guilty to the charge.
The Chief Magistrate, Abubakar Adamu, however, said the court lacked jurisdiction over the matter but ordered that the accused be remanded in prison custody.
Adamu adjourned the case until April 9 for a mention and possible transfer to a court of competent jurisdiction.
Earlier, the prosecutor, Cpl. Umar Rabiu, told the court that the accused committed the offences on March 3 at Asada area of Sokoto.
Rabiu said that the woman conceived out of wedlock and gave birth to a baby boy which she strangled to death and threw the body into a pit latrine.
He said the offence contravened Section 235 of the Penal Code.