- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
Sokoto based Business Woman strangles baby born out of wedlock, dumps it in pit toilet
A businesswoman in Sokoto, Rabiat Mustapha, 30, has been remanded in prison custody over alleged murder of her baby born out of wedlock.
Mustapha, who resides at Asada area of Sokoto, is facing a two-count of criminal conspiracy and preventing a child from being borne or causing it die after birth.
The accused pleaded guilty to the charge.
The Chief Magistrate, Abubakar Adamu, however, said the court lacked jurisdiction over the matter but ordered that the accused be remanded in prison custody.
Adamu adjourned the case until April 9 for a mention and possible transfer to a court of competent jurisdiction.
Earlier, the prosecutor, Cpl. Umar Rabiu, told the court that the accused committed the offences on March 3 at Asada area of Sokoto.
Rabiu said that the woman conceived out of wedlock and gave birth to a baby boy which she strangled to death and threw the body into a pit latrine.
He said the offence contravened Section 235 of the Penal Code.