- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Train crush Corps member to death in Lagos (Photos)
“All Nneka Odili was saying was Blood of Jesus until she died”- Friends, family members mourn Corps member killed by train in Lagos
Nneka Odili, a member of the National Youth Service Corps died last Thursday, as a result of injuries sustained after a train hit her at Ikeja, Lagos.
It was gathered that the tragic incident occurred while the victim, fondly called Nini, was heading home after the monthly clearance exercise at the Ikeja Local Government Secretariat.
According to eyewitnesses, the deceased wore headphones thereby did not hear the train’s horn while trying to walk across the rail track. She was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital where she later died.
Odili studied Home Economics at the Federal College of Education,Technical, Omoku, Rivers State and later went to study Human Kinetics at the University of Port Harcourt.
Late Odili was laid to rest on Sunday, March 11, in her hometown, Ndoni in Rivers State. A family member, Tammy Orunaboka, debunked reports that she was using a mobile phone when she was hit by the train.
“Nneka Odili goes home this afternoon at Ndoni in Rivers State. May her soul rest in peace. The stories about her death were all false. The NYSC Lagos office has released the correct story that lead to her death. She has no sophisticated phone in life and was not using sophisticated phone as reported by some news paper. Please let us always try to get our news correctly before going to the public.” he wrote.
“We lost one of our own yesterday 8th March 2018 by a train when crossing the railway at ikeja. Please let try and use our earpiece wisely, she had earpiece on and didn’t notice d train….. someone tried to push her off then she jumped into d train unknowingly.when rushed to the hospital all she was saying was BLOOD OF JESUS until she died .R.i.p Nneka odili.” she wrote.