- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Train crush Corps member to death in Lagos (Photos)
“All Nneka Odili was saying was Blood of Jesus until she died”- Friends, family members mourn Corps member killed by train in Lagos
Nneka Odili, a member of the National Youth Service Corps died last Thursday, as a result of injuries sustained after a train hit her at Ikeja, Lagos.
It was gathered that the tragic incident occurred while the victim, fondly called Nini, was heading home after the monthly clearance exercise at the Ikeja Local Government Secretariat.
According to eyewitnesses, the deceased wore headphones thereby did not hear the train’s horn while trying to walk across the rail track. She was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital where she later died.
Odili studied Home Economics at the Federal College of Education,Technical, Omoku, Rivers State and later went to study Human Kinetics at the University of Port Harcourt.
Late Odili was laid to rest on Sunday, March 11, in her hometown, Ndoni in Rivers State. A family member, Tammy Orunaboka, debunked reports that she was using a mobile phone when she was hit by the train.
“Nneka Odili goes home this afternoon at Ndoni in Rivers State. May her soul rest in peace. The stories about her death were all false. The NYSC Lagos office has released the correct story that lead to her death. She has no sophisticated phone in life and was not using sophisticated phone as reported by some news paper. Please let us always try to get our news correctly before going to the public.” he wrote.
“We lost one of our own yesterday 8th March 2018 by a train when crossing the railway at ikeja. Please let try and use our earpiece wisely, she had earpiece on and didn’t notice d train….. someone tried to push her off then she jumped into d train unknowingly.when rushed to the hospital all she was saying was BLOOD OF JESUS until she died .R.i.p Nneka odili.” she wrote.