- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
- Gang leader of Offa Bank robbery, Micheal Adikwu dies in Kwara Police’ custody
‘Slap Rihanna or Punch Chris Brown’ advert promotes domestic violence — Rihanna slams Snapchat
Rihanna has slammed Snapchat over an advert which she claimed was shaming victims of domestic violence.
The advert asked Snapchat users if they would want to slap the singer or punch her former beau, Chris Brown.
The Ad made light of domestic violence by referencing the 2009 incident when the singer’s former boyfriend Chris Brown violently assaulted her.
In her response, the singer accused the platform of bringing shame on domestic violence victims.
Rihanna wrote, “Now SNAPCHAT I know you already know you ain’t my fav app out there!
“You spent money to animate something that would bring intentional shame to [domestic violence] victims and made a joke of it!!!
Snapchat stocks has reportedly dropped by nearly 5% after Rihanna’s statement.