- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
‘Slap Rihanna or Punch Chris Brown’ advert promotes domestic violence — Rihanna slams Snapchat
Rihanna has slammed Snapchat over an advert which she claimed was shaming victims of domestic violence.
The advert asked Snapchat users if they would want to slap the singer or punch her former beau, Chris Brown.
The Ad made light of domestic violence by referencing the 2009 incident when the singer’s former boyfriend Chris Brown violently assaulted her.
In her response, the singer accused the platform of bringing shame on domestic violence victims.
Rihanna wrote, “Now SNAPCHAT I know you already know you ain’t my fav app out there!
“You spent money to animate something that would bring intentional shame to [domestic violence] victims and made a joke of it!!!
Snapchat stocks has reportedly dropped by nearly 5% after Rihanna’s statement.