- Ekiti Election Result: Fayemi wins as overall result emerge online
- World Cup: For the first time since 1990 England qualifies for semi-finals after beating Sweden 2-0
- Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
- Court orders NASS to begin impeachment process against Buhari
- Gunmen shot seven policemen dead in Abuja
- Arms Deal: Court grants Dasuki N200m bail after 30 months of detention in DSS Custody
- Another tanker fire accident along Suleja-Minna road, five confirmed injured
- Another Nigerian Celebrity, Deacon Famous, loses son
- Angry youths take over Plateau Government House over Killings, violent protests turn bloody
- Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
‘Slap Rihanna or Punch Chris Brown’ advert promotes domestic violence — Rihanna slams Snapchat
Rihanna has slammed Snapchat over an advert which she claimed was shaming victims of domestic violence.
The advert asked Snapchat users if they would want to slap the singer or punch her former beau, Chris Brown.
The Ad made light of domestic violence by referencing the 2009 incident when the singer’s former boyfriend Chris Brown violently assaulted her.
In her response, the singer accused the platform of bringing shame on domestic violence victims.
Rihanna wrote, “Now SNAPCHAT I know you already know you ain’t my fav app out there!
“You spent money to animate something that would bring intentional shame to [domestic violence] victims and made a joke of it!!!
Snapchat stocks has reportedly dropped by nearly 5% after Rihanna’s statement.