- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
2019 Elections: Nigerian youths registers political party, Modern Democratic Party (MDP)
Nigerian youths have formed a political party, Modern Democratic Party (MDP), to enable them participate actively in the upcoming elections in 2019 and beyond.
According to the leader of the party, a 27-year old activist and entrepreneur, Prince Bukunyi Olateru-Olagbegi, the registration of the political party was a strategy to enable the youths in Nigeria to position themselves for political leadership.
He said the new party represented the new face of active youth involvement in politics.
Olateru-Olagbegi added that the party which had been duly registered by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), intends to galvanise youths into engaging in policy formulation, government accountability and running for political office.
He explained that the mission of the party was to be home for those who were weary of the status quo and want to be part of something fresh, new, untainted and different.
“We are focused on harnessing the mental and physical resources of this unique generation of youth brimming with fresh ideas and innovations which will finally put Nigeria in its rightful place on the world stage.
“We know that the journey ahead of us will be long.
“This is not just a party registered for the 2019 presidential elections. We are here for the long haul and wish to call on all true patriots of our fatherland to get involved as we embark on this journey towards building Nigeria’s first and truly Modern Democratic Party,’’ Olateru-Olagbegi said.