- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Close friends allegedly murders young man after winning N11m on Naijabet
A young man in Sabo Pegi area Lafia, the Nasarawa state capital, was brutally murdered after winning N11 million on the football betting platform “Naija Bet”.
The lifeless body of the victim whose name was given as Achuku Joseph, discovered at the early morning of Saturday abandoned by the roadside at the Federal University, Lafia, with several deep machet wounds.
Information gathered from a member of the victim’s family who pleaded anonymity said, late Achuku was being monitored right from the time he won the game by some of his friends who earlier threatened his life in order to have a share of the money.
“Achuku had to relocate to another place to hide, but they traced him and used diabolical charms on him which made him sick and started behaving abnormally.
“We then decided to employ the services of a pastor who prayed for him and later took him to the Dalhatu Araf Specialist hospital in Lafia. It was in that process, that certain diabolic portion was discovered in his pocket. The portions were removed and discarded before reviving him”, he explained.
He added that the deceased went out as early as 6am on Saturday without the knowledge of his family members only to be told that his body was found lifeless shortly after.
Mainwhile, the case is with the State CID in Lafia, as investigation is ongoing to bring the perpetrators to book, while the corpse is still in police custody.
The state PPRO, John Kennedy, said he was yet to be briefed on the incident.