- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
- Masked policemen whisk Dino Melaye away from hospital
Close friends allegedly murders young man after winning N11m on Naijabet
A young man in Sabo Pegi area Lafia, the Nasarawa state capital, was brutally murdered after winning N11 million on the football betting platform “Naija Bet”.
The lifeless body of the victim whose name was given as Achuku Joseph, discovered at the early morning of Saturday abandoned by the roadside at the Federal University, Lafia, with several deep machet wounds.
Information gathered from a member of the victim’s family who pleaded anonymity said, late Achuku was being monitored right from the time he won the game by some of his friends who earlier threatened his life in order to have a share of the money.
“Achuku had to relocate to another place to hide, but they traced him and used diabolical charms on him which made him sick and started behaving abnormally.
“We then decided to employ the services of a pastor who prayed for him and later took him to the Dalhatu Araf Specialist hospital in Lafia. It was in that process, that certain diabolic portion was discovered in his pocket. The portions were removed and discarded before reviving him”, he explained.
He added that the deceased went out as early as 6am on Saturday without the knowledge of his family members only to be told that his body was found lifeless shortly after.
Mainwhile, the case is with the State CID in Lafia, as investigation is ongoing to bring the perpetrators to book, while the corpse is still in police custody.
The state PPRO, John Kennedy, said he was yet to be briefed on the incident.