- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
Please reduce it to 12 hours daily, Maiduguri residents protest against uninterrupted electricity supply
Residents of Maiduguri, capital of Borno State, said that their 24-hour-electricity supply be cut short immediately so that the recently hiked electricity charges can also reduce immediately.
According to the Residents, the constant power supply has caused a huge increase in charges. They are demanding that the Yola Electricity Distribution Company reduce their electricity supply to the 12-hour daily that used to be the case.
Most residents of the state capital stormed the YEDC office on Wednesday to demand a reduction in electricity.
Reacting to the complaints by the residents, the YEDC Maiduguri Business Manager said, “These complaints may be as a result of the inauguration of the 330kV transmission line which now supplies electricity 24 hours.
“On average, we now supply electricity in the town for a minimum of 22 hours in a day, which simply implies that the consumption of energy by residents in the state have multiplied or even tripled itself.”
Despite the explanation by the official, the residents are still not happy with the situation, demanding less electricity supply.
You may like to read; Fleeing Armed robber accidentally shot gang member dead in Bayelsa