- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
- Masked policemen whisk Dino Melaye away from hospital
- Emir of Lafia, Isah Mustapha Awgai is dead
- Pandemonium in Katsina community as Gunmen on motorcycles kill four
A Nigerian coach and two athletes have gone missing in the Gold Coast, Australia, venue of the just concluded 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Three Nigerians consisting of the head coach of the Nigeria Weightlifting Federation, a coach in the special sports, and a 200m runner, all disappeared at the competition venue.
The President of Nigeria Weightlifting Federation, Mohammed Yahaya has described the disappearance as a “big embarrassment”. A furious Yahaya told Guardian in a telephone chat that he didn’t expect the head coach of a national team to “escape” at a competition venue.
He said: “This is very embarrassing to us because as a head coach, I expected him to act like father to the athletes. But our head coach disappeared into the thin air even before the Games were concluded.”