- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
A Nigerian coach and two athletes have gone missing in the Gold Coast, Australia, venue of the just concluded 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Three Nigerians consisting of the head coach of the Nigeria Weightlifting Federation, a coach in the special sports, and a 200m runner, all disappeared at the competition venue.
The President of Nigeria Weightlifting Federation, Mohammed Yahaya has described the disappearance as a “big embarrassment”. A furious Yahaya told Guardian in a telephone chat that he didn’t expect the head coach of a national team to “escape” at a competition venue.
He said: “This is very embarrassing to us because as a head coach, I expected him to act like father to the athletes. But our head coach disappeared into the thin air even before the Games were concluded.”