- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
A Nigerian coach and two athletes have gone missing in the Gold Coast, Australia, venue of the just concluded 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Three Nigerians consisting of the head coach of the Nigeria Weightlifting Federation, a coach in the special sports, and a 200m runner, all disappeared at the competition venue.
The President of Nigeria Weightlifting Federation, Mohammed Yahaya has described the disappearance as a “big embarrassment”. A furious Yahaya told Guardian in a telephone chat that he didn’t expect the head coach of a national team to “escape” at a competition venue.
He said: “This is very embarrassing to us because as a head coach, I expected him to act like father to the athletes. But our head coach disappeared into the thin air even before the Games were concluded.”