- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
A Nigerian coach and two athletes have gone missing in the Gold Coast, Australia, venue of the just concluded 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Three Nigerians consisting of the head coach of the Nigeria Weightlifting Federation, a coach in the special sports, and a 200m runner, all disappeared at the competition venue.
The President of Nigeria Weightlifting Federation, Mohammed Yahaya has described the disappearance as a “big embarrassment”. A furious Yahaya told Guardian in a telephone chat that he didn’t expect the head coach of a national team to “escape” at a competition venue.
He said: “This is very embarrassing to us because as a head coach, I expected him to act like father to the athletes. But our head coach disappeared into the thin air even before the Games were concluded.”