- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
OAU exposes identity of female student involved in sex-for-marks scandal
The management of the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) in Ile-Ife, on Thursday revealed that one Monica Osagie, was the student involved in a sex-for-marks scandal.
Prof. Eyitope Ogunbodede, the Vice Chancellor of OAU, said Monica Osetobe Osagie was studying for a Masters in Business Administration.
He also announced the suspension of Prof. Richard Akindele, the don involved in the scandal.
Ogunbodede’s action followed the submission of the interim report of the committee, set up to investigate the allegation of sexual harassment revealed in an audio recording.
“The committee observed that a prima facie case of inappropriate relationship with the female student had been established against Professor Richard I. Akindele,” he said.