- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
OAU exposes identity of female student involved in sex-for-marks scandal
The management of the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) in Ile-Ife, on Thursday revealed that one Monica Osagie, was the student involved in a sex-for-marks scandal.
Prof. Eyitope Ogunbodede, the Vice Chancellor of OAU, said Monica Osetobe Osagie was studying for a Masters in Business Administration.
He also announced the suspension of Prof. Richard Akindele, the don involved in the scandal.
Ogunbodede’s action followed the submission of the interim report of the committee, set up to investigate the allegation of sexual harassment revealed in an audio recording.
“The committee observed that a prima facie case of inappropriate relationship with the female student had been established against Professor Richard I. Akindele,” he said.