- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
The woman from Anambra state, Nigeria, went to the humanitarian group Due Process Advocate, DPA to seek help as regards her predicament.
She complained that her husband beats her, even when she’s pregnant, cheats on her, and never makes love to her except she begs for it.
She said: “I have to beg him before he make love to me. Sometimes he give me half chop and complain tiredness. I will endure because I am from poor family.”
The mother-of-five said he also intimidates her such that she can’t talk back at him. She went on to reveal that he dates married women within their neighborhood, even women in their compound and in their street. He doesn’t try to hide it and goes as far as answering their calls in her presence. But she can’t confront him because that will only result in more beatings.
Having endured these, she now wants to leave the marriage but doesn’t know how to proceed, especially as the man only paid her bride price and they never had a traditional, court or church marriage.