- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Photo: Robbed bank in Ekiti identified, 2 confirmed dead
Armed robbers attack Union bank in Ekiti, kill policeman and a bank staff
Two people have died following a robbery attack at a Union Bank branch in Ekiti state.
The robbery took place in the Union Bank in Ilawe Ekiti, headquarters of Ekiti Southwest Local Government Area of Ekiti State and lasted for over one hour.
A policeman and a bank worker were killed in the attack. The policeman was reportedly an orderly attached to one of the council bosses in the state. Another bank worker was also shot by the bandits in the arm but it wasn’t fatal.
According to sources, the armed robbers invaded the bank beside Alawe’s palace and broke the security door with the aid of a dynamite before entering the banking hall. The dynamite also blew up a blue color Toyota Camry parked close to the bank building.
The armed bandits succeeded in making away with an unspecified amount of money.