- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
- I’ve been pushed out — Senate President, Saraki, says as he dumps APC for PDP
Photo: Robbed bank in Ekiti identified, 2 confirmed dead
Armed robbers attack Union bank in Ekiti, kill policeman and a bank staff
Two people have died following a robbery attack at a Union Bank branch in Ekiti state.
The robbery took place in the Union Bank in Ilawe Ekiti, headquarters of Ekiti Southwest Local Government Area of Ekiti State and lasted for over one hour.
A policeman and a bank worker were killed in the attack. The policeman was reportedly an orderly attached to one of the council bosses in the state. Another bank worker was also shot by the bandits in the arm but it wasn’t fatal.
According to sources, the armed robbers invaded the bank beside Alawe’s palace and broke the security door with the aid of a dynamite before entering the banking hall. The dynamite also blew up a blue color Toyota Camry parked close to the bank building.
The armed bandits succeeded in making away with an unspecified amount of money.