- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Photo: Robbed bank in Ekiti identified, 2 confirmed dead
Armed robbers attack Union bank in Ekiti, kill policeman and a bank staff
Two people have died following a robbery attack at a Union Bank branch in Ekiti state.
The robbery took place in the Union Bank in Ilawe Ekiti, headquarters of Ekiti Southwest Local Government Area of Ekiti State and lasted for over one hour.
A policeman and a bank worker were killed in the attack. The policeman was reportedly an orderly attached to one of the council bosses in the state. Another bank worker was also shot by the bandits in the arm but it wasn’t fatal.
According to sources, the armed robbers invaded the bank beside Alawe’s palace and broke the security door with the aid of a dynamite before entering the banking hall. The dynamite also blew up a blue color Toyota Camry parked close to the bank building.
The armed bandits succeeded in making away with an unspecified amount of money.