- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
Photo: Robbed bank in Ekiti identified, 2 confirmed dead
Armed robbers attack Union bank in Ekiti, kill policeman and a bank staff
Two people have died following a robbery attack at a Union Bank branch in Ekiti state.
The robbery took place in the Union Bank in Ilawe Ekiti, headquarters of Ekiti Southwest Local Government Area of Ekiti State and lasted for over one hour.
A policeman and a bank worker were killed in the attack. The policeman was reportedly an orderly attached to one of the council bosses in the state. Another bank worker was also shot by the bandits in the arm but it wasn’t fatal.
According to sources, the armed robbers invaded the bank beside Alawe’s palace and broke the security door with the aid of a dynamite before entering the banking hall. The dynamite also blew up a blue color Toyota Camry parked close to the bank building.
The armed bandits succeeded in making away with an unspecified amount of money.